
Following this Post , here is an Update :
Skipper of the USSV Dharma ,
Susan Meckley , W7KFI , informed OPDX that she had to return to Honolulu (while enroute to Johnston Island) because of a bad toothache . She stated that it was unbearable , but was glad that she was able to turn around and go back to Honolulu to visit an oral surgeon . Susan will again attempt her trip to Johnston Island in less than two weeks . It will take about a week to travel there . Susan likes to operate and prefer the CW mode (she states "I can get many more QSOs in"); usually 36 kHz up from the bottom of the band (14036, 7036, etc.) . She will also operate SSB (ex. 14236 kHz), but can operate most anything upon request . Susan told OPDX that "I have been an active steady since 1952 and will only answer those stations using ENTIRE callsign....three letters are illegal . Might be old and old cranky sailor lady , however
at almost 73 (ed. not 70 as first thought) , I think I am allowed .
Anyway , I am appalled at the lack of common courtesy on the bands anymore.....I don't have that many years left, but I will operate in the 1952 mode......Remember....Life is sexually transmitted." OPDX would like to wish Susan a speedy recovery . Also , once Susan starts
traveling again and becomes active , she would like to hear from you as to where to go next in the area she is in . She would like to visit rare DX spots over next 3 years in the South Pacific .
[ Thanks OPDX ] .





















































































No comments:
Post a Comment