

I have just logged VP8ROT on the 20m band ,was replying to Ivan UR9IDX CQ's Call at 17:43 Utc and talked with him until 17:47 Utc , name of Operator was Tris . Ivan gave him a 59 report and i have logged him with a 56 report . 07 May '07 on the Log , first time for this Base .
This is IOTA AN-001 , is located at Rothera Base on Adelaide Island in Antarctica .
I will send Mike GM0HCQ his Manager a QSL tommorow morning .
Not a New one but definatelly a Rare operation , it is always nice to hear and log such Antarctic stations !
To visit Mike's homepage click on the banner below and Check the Other links as well , Thanks and Credits to Mike GM0HCQ for providing me these interesting links :





















































































3 comments:
I Got a Kind email from Mike GM0HCQ , after sending him an email with some doubts if i logged a Pirate , vy informative email for those will look for The VP8ROT QSL Card , Thanks Mike for all your Info !
Here's the email from Mike :
Hello Eyran,
Many thanks for your message and all understood about the confusion. The main problem is that there are so many websites with information and not all of them get updated.The good news is that Rothera, AN-001, is very much a working base and that it is unlikely that you heard a pirate. The current Communications Manager at the base is Tris, who is using the base callsign of VP8ROT during his period there.I do also operate from the base, but only when the ship I work on is alongside, which tends to be about once a year or so (perhaps even once every other year, depending on what shift I am on). However, I am the QSL manager for the call and if you send me your card I will be happy to deal with it.Now for the bad news! I will be flying to South America to rejoin my ship on Saturday 12th May and any cards that I receive from today will be kept until I get back home, which won't be until late September 2007, so alas you will not get your card until then. However, this gives you the chance to listen out for me whilst I am /MM on the passage back to the UK and then from August as I head north to the Arctic.I assume that you have been to my site, but if you have not checked out the Rothera pages then the link is www.gm0hcq.com/vp8rot and also if you go to the British Antarctic Survey website www.antarctica.ac.uk) you will find some more information. There is also a webcam on the base and this can be found via the link on my home page.So, I hope that puts your mind at ease? Sorry about the delay in the QSLing, but I do have to work from time to time lol.
Best wishes,
Mike
Tris ,VP8ROT , is expected to be on the antarctic dx net.
Yesterday he was on the Net .
look for him there On Sundays :
14.315 Mhz 1730-1800 UTC
The United Nations can to you confirmed, the Antarctic has become from the South
Pole to 60th of latitude with effect from sovereignty area 31st October, 2007 of the Sovereign absolute
Monarchystate - State Kingdom of Marduk. The territory occupation is juridical international irrevocable.
The details experience them on November, 2007 under
the link:
http://king-marduk.de/viewtopic.php?t=51
Mr. Ban Ki-moon and the UN General Assembly President Mr. Kerim etc.- can the
juridical irrevocable Antartic occupation confirmed.
State Kingdom of Marduk
PASKOM
mardukgovernment@aol.de
+++++++++++++++++++++End of msg************
Post a Comment